Pine, Shaggy Dog Eastern White Pine
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
Famous for his groundbreaking work with dwarf White Pines from witch's brooms, the late Sid Waxman from the University of Connecticut introduced this low, irregular, half-upright spreader with long needled, unruly branches in 1993. This new favorite breaks the mold of many of his dense, tight, inpenetrable selections to give us a more open, highly textured plant that is more relaxed, free-form and airy. This sweet textured beauty is perfect for a large location where it can look its 'Shaggy Dog' best, anchoring any sunny, well drained location by growing into a spectacularly different, year round beautiful specimen.
Characteristics and Attributes:
- Low, irregular, and half-upright
- Long-needled and unruly branches
- More relaxed and airy than other varieties