Poulin Grain Decade® Race Formula Textured, 50lbs
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
A high-energy, protein-rich textured feed with a complex balance of ideal energy and protein sources, formulated to maximize athletic performance in training and in competition.
Specially Formulated For:
Decade® Race Formula Advantages
Live cell yeast
For increased digestion and absorption of nutrients
100% organic selenium and increased levels of vitamin E
To support health and immune function
Optimal balance of vitamins and minerals
Satisfies requirements specific to the northeast USA
Omega 3 and Omega 6 essential fatty acids
For energy, quality hair coat and proper immune function
Beet pulp shreds
Highly digestible fiber that is an excellent source of energy and will help maintain fluid balance in the digestive system
High in lysine, an essential amino acid that enhances protein quality and availability
Fixed Nutrition Formulas
Consistent and highly palatable nutrition manufactured fresh in our northeast based, family owned feed mill.
|Crude Protein||Min||13.00 %|
|Crude Fat||Min||7.00 %|
|Crude Fiber||Max||9.50 %|
|Acid Detergent Fiber||Max||13.00 %|
|Neutral Detergent Fiber||Max||28.00 %|
|Vitamin A||Min||5000.00 IU/LB|
|Vitamin E||Min||150.00 IU/LB|
|Omega 6 Fatty Acids||Min||3.70 %|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids||Min||0.40%|
|Saccharomyces Cerevisiae||Min||5000 M CFU/LB|
Wheat Middlings, Oats, Cane Molasses, Beet Pulp, Soybean Meal, Corn Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles, Soybean Oil, Soy Hulls, Calcium Carbonate, Mono-Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Choline Chloride, Zinc Hydroxychloride, Manganese Hydroxychloride, Selenium Yeast, Copper Hydroxychloride, Live Cell Yeast Pack (Active Dried Yeast (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae), Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Product, Sodium Aluminosilicate, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Lactococcus Lactis Fermentation Product, Dextrose, Sodium Silico Aluminate, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product), Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Cobalt Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Flavoring, Preservative Pack with Silicon Dioxide, Acetic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Propionic Acid, Benzoic Acid and Sorbic Acid.
Feeding Amounts & Instructions
Feed according to the following chart along with good quality hay (1.5 - 2 lbs/100 lbs of body weight), free choice salt and fresh, clean water.
|Activity Level||Amount to feed/day (1000 lb horse)|
|Maintenance||3.00 – 5.00 lb.|
|Mature Light Training||4.00 – 6.00 lb.|
|Mature Moderate Training||5.50 – 7.00 lb.|
|Mature Intense Training||7.50 – 10.0 lb.|
|Performance Light Training||4.50 – 7.00 lb.|
|Performance Moderate||5.50 – 10.0 lb.|
|Performance Intense||6.50 – 10.0 lb.|
Equine Feeding Guidelines
- Divide feed into a minimum of two equal feedings. Never feed more than 0.5 lbs of grain per 100 lbs of body weight in a single feeding.
- The amount of grain fed to any horse will vary depending on forage quality and availability in addition to the animal’s weight, body condition, activity level and age.
- All dietary changes should be made slowly over a period of 10-14 days.
- If your horse has dental problems or trouble swallowing, this product can be soaked in a small amount of water before feeding.
- If feeding less than the daily recommended amount of a concentrated feed, supplement with E-TEC Balancer to meet adequate levels of vitamins and minerals.
- If you would like to have your horse’s diet evaluated to ensure it is balanced for all critical nutrients, please contact your Poulin Grain feed specialist.