Jonathan Green Organic Lawn and Soil Program 5,000 sq. ft.
Jonathan Green Organic Lawn and Soil Program
Treats 5,000 square feet.
Now through April 30th
Better Soil feeds a Better Lawn!
This program is the ultimate Organic approach to lawn care.
Relatively, organic fertilizers provide a much lower amount of the macro nutrients, such as Nitrogen and Potash, compared to synthetics. Therefore, we must find alternative ways to boost the available nutrients for our grass. The best way to do this is by supporting the microorganisms in the soil, which convert fertilizer nutrients and solid stored nutrients into forms that the grass plants can absorb. Microorganisms thrive with a neutral soil pH and sugars, such as molasses (a Mag-I-Cal plus ingredient).
This organic lawn program allows you to support your lawn naturally, without sacrificing the beautiful landscape you create for you and your family.
Program Includes 4 bags:
Step 1- Organic Weed Preventer plus Lawn Food (Apply March 15th - April 15th)
Step 2- Organic Lawn Food (Apply May 1st - June 15th)
Step 3- Mag-I-Cal Plus (Apply July 1st - August 15th)
Step 4- Organic Lawn Food (Apply September 1st - October 30th)
Organic Weed Preventer plus Lawn Food
10-0-2The key factor in achieving great weed control results with this product is the proper timing of the first application. This weed control must be spread on established turfgrasses before the weeds germinate because it is only effective before weeds break the surface of the soil.
- Safe to use around children and pets
- Better for the environment than other pre-emergent crabgrass preventers
- Controls crabgrass, dandelions and over 25 other weeds prior to germination
- Provides gentle feeding and deep greening
- Can be used in flower gardens and in planting beds
Based upon the organic nature of Corn Gluten Weed Preventer it may take a few seasons to control severe weed populations.
Organic Lawn Food
Jonathan Green’s Organic Lawn Food is a complex, entirely organic lawn fertilizer that promotes the growth of healthy grass. The homogenous, easy-to-spread granules contain food-grade organics such as feather meal, soybean meal, and blood meal. Organic Lawn Food has no undesirable manures or sludge-based fertilizers unlike many other organic fertilizer products.
- Fertilizer analysis: 10-0-1
- 100% organic, complex lawn fertilizer
- Packed with excellent turf nutrients that gently feeds for 8 - 10 weeks
- Contains iron for deep greening, great for establishing new seedlings
- Children and pet friendly - can use immediately after spreading
Jonathan Green’s Mag-I-Cal® Plus for Lawns in Acidic & Hard Soil contains calcium carbonate in a completely soluble form that is immediately available to adjust soil pH upwards. Poor soil is often the problem in growing a great lawn and calcium is vital to many grass plant functions. When soil is compacted or too acidic, air, water, and nutrients are unable to reach the roots, making it very difficult for grass to flourish.
- Natural soil food for lawns in acidic soil
- Helps to rapidly raise soil pH increasing nutrient absorption
- Loosens hard soil promoting air and water penetration for better rooting
Meet the Barry Green, president and 5th generation of the Johnathan Green company; Listen to our Growing Home Podcast Interview HERE.