Jonathan Green MAG I CAL Fertilizer for Acidic Soils
Jonathan Green's MAG I CAL Fertilizer for Acidic Soil is a highly soluble form of calcium that helps to rapidly raise your soil’s pH, improving the health of your lawn by releasing trapped nutrients in the soil that feed the grass plants. MAG-I-CAL® can be applied anytime during the growing season. One bag of MAG-I-CAL® equals up to fifteen bags of limestone, saving you time, money, and your back!
Key product features:
– Rapidly raises Soil pH
– One 5M bag = 5 bags of pelletized lime, One 15M bag = 15 bags of pelletized lime
– Natural Soil Food is completely safe to use where children & pets play
– 20% to 70% of your lawn food is wasted when soil pH is to low!
When to apply:
Mag-I-Cal is best applied anytime during the growing season when the soil is not frozen. It can be applied on the same day with any other lawn product applications or when seeding or sodding. Mag-I-Cal is a completely natural product and will never burn your lawn.
How to apply:
If your pH is below 7.0, apply Mag-I-Cal for lawns in acidic soil:
– If pH is 6.0 – 6.4, apply MAG-I-CAL once a year
– If pH is 5.6 – 5.9, apply MAG-I-CAL in the spring and fall
– If pH is 5.1 – 5.5, apply MAG-I-CAL every other month until pH is above 5.5, then follow above suggestion
– If pH is 5.0 or below, apply MAG-I-CAL at 1.5 times the regular rate for three consecutive months.
– Two weeks after the third application, test pH then adjust application schedule accordingly.
For Gardens: apply ½ cup per 10 sq. feet
Low soil pH causes weeds, moss, and bare spots to grow, while soil pH ranging between 6.2 – 7.0 will re-energize your lawn, increasing microbial activity, boosting your lawn’s color, reducing stress, improving soil texture and aiding in water uptake. Using MAG-I-CAL® will also significantly improve your fertilizer’s effectiveness for a thicker, greener lawn with improved weed control.
Meet the Barry Green, president and 5th generation of the Johnathan Green company; Listen to our Growing Home Podcast Interview HERE.