Furminator Undercoat deShedding Tool Medium Dog Long Hair
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
- Removes the loose hair from shedding
- Curved edge for comfortable, effective loose undercoat hair removal
- Reaches through topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and ease of use
- Curved edge – comfortably follows pet's natural shape
- FURejector® button to quickly and easily release collected hair
- Teeth remove undercoat hair without damaging topcoat**
- Guaranteed to work or your money back*
*See instructions for full details
Please read all instructions and FAQs carefully before beginning your grooming. Use the FURminator® undercoat deShedding Tool only as directed. Undercoat deShedding is not the same as brushing or combing – it removes loose dead hair from shedding without cutting or damaging the topcoat.*
Undercoat deShedding can be performed at any time on a pet with a completely dry coat, but for best results it is recommended to be performed immediately after washing or drying. FURminator® brand's extensive line of grooming products are designed to promote healthy skin and coats in pets, and significantly reduce the amount of hair that is being shed into the house with regular use.
Before using the undercoat deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which you pet’s coat may conceal. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing. In addition, before using the undercoat deShedding tool, remove tangles or mats with FURminator® Fur Dematting Tool or Grooming Rake.
Use the undercoat deShedding tool much like a brush, gently stroking across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth towards the coat. Start from your pet’s head and work your way back, using extra care near the stomach, legs, genitals, and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using fewer long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Although the Skinguard design prevents digging in at edges and helps the undercoat deShedding tool slide over skin, deep or rough brushing can still irritate pet skin, so avoid brushing with excessive pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation discontinue use.
As undercoat hair is collected by your tool, excess hair can be removed from the teeth of the tool by pushing the FURejector® button.
*When used as directed.