Chokeberry, Brilliantissima Red Chokeberry
by Mackey's Farm
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
Clusters of pinkish white flowers provide nectar for pollinators. Dense bunches of glossy red fruit ripen in summer and persist through the winter, providing food for birds. Foliage turns a brilliant red in autumn, great alternative to the non-native, burning bush (Euonymus alatus). Chokeberries aren't palatable to birds until they have been frosted multiple times, so the berries persist well into the season for you to enjoy.
- Fall color!
- Pinkish-white flowers attract pollinators
- Glossy red fruit attracts birds
- Brilliant red fall foliage
- Berries persist well into the season