ACANA Wholesome Grains, Small Breed Recipe Dry Dog Food
Our ACANA® food for dogs always goes beyond the 1st ingredient, thoughtfully crafted from start to finish. ACANA Wholesome Grain Small Breed recipe is packed with our delicious free-run chicken*, cage-free eggs, and free-run turkey*, and complemented with wholesome grains like oats, sorghum, and millet. These grains are high in fiber and gluten-free, offering added nutrition that helps support a healthy digestive environment. Our Wholesome Grains Small Breed recipe is specially crafted for your tiny pal, with smaller kibble size for small mouths, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids to promote a shiny coat, and DHA & EPA to support brain health.
Our premium ingredients come from a curated group of farmers, ranchers and fishers we’ve known and trusted for decades, and we approach every batch with an unsurpassed commitment to safety and quality in our award-winning Kentucky kitchen. The result is a protein-rich, nutritious, and delicious dog food to help them stay happy, healthy, and thriving.
- The first ingredient is fresh or raw chicken, which is nutrient-dense and high in protein.
- Our fresh ingredients use refrigeration as the sole method of preservation and our raw ingredients are frozen at their peak freshness.
- No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives are added in our kitchen.
- No legume, gluten or potato ingredients.
- Made in the USA with the world’s finest ingredients.
*Our free-run chickens and turkeys are not housed in cages and are able to move in a barn without outdoor access.
Deboned chicken, chicken meal, oat groats, whole sorghum, whole millet, eggs, catfish meal, chicken fat, whole oats, deboned turkey, chicken liver, fish oil, ground miscanthus grass, natural chicken flavor, chicken cartilage, turkey giblets (liver, heart, gizzard), chicken heart, whole butternut squash, whole pumpkin, salt, potassium chloride, choline chloride, taurine, dried kelp, vitamin E supplement, mixed tocopherols (preservative), zinc proteinate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin A acetate, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, copper proteinate, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, citric acid (preservative), rosemary extract, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Metabolizable Energy is 3440 kcal/kg (413 kcal per standard 8 oz cup), with 27% from protein, 31% from carbohydrates, and 42% from fat.
ACANA WHOLESOME GRAINS SMALL BREED is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for Adult Maintenance.
- Crude protein (min.)27%
- Crude fat (min.)17%
- Crude fiber (max.)6%
- Moisture (max.)12%
- Dietary Starch (max.)30%
- Sugars (max.)2%
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) (min.)0.2%
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) (min.)0.15%
- Calcium (min.)1.5%
- Phosphorus (min.)1.1%
- Taurine* (min.)0.2%
- Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.)3%
- Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.)0.6%
- Glucosamine* (min.)500mg/kg
- Total Microorganisms* (min)100 Million CFU/lb
- (Lactobacillus acidophilus Bifidobacterium animalis Lactobacillus casei)
- *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.