Forget about flower color! This color machine will have you dreaming in color the whole year even without bloom…that's how striking this selection's foliage is! Dense, compact and slow growing, this tight little shrub coats itself with foliage in early May that emerges with a wide golden green band surrounding a deeper green center on each leaf. The color is tremendous when it emerges but it becomes more pronounced and the year progresses until it culminates in fall with an infusion of brilliant reddish-pink color that will set the autumn landscape alight! Its great foliage is stable and resistant to the kind of reversion that can take a garden star and turn it into garden drab. My Monet® Sunset will bloom occasionally with pinkish-purple tubular blooms but it is mostly a great, colorful foliage plant that loves full sun or partial shade, especially further south, and is perfect for grouping in the garden or using as a colorful anchor in a container that just keeps on coloring!
- Incredibly striking foliage
- Dense, compact and slow growing
- Foliage emerges in early May with a wide golden green band surrounding a deeper green center on each leaf
- Brilliant reddish-pink fall color
- Blooms occasionally with pinkish-purple tubular blooms
- Great in groups or in containers