Rose, Virginiana Rose (Rosa virginiana)
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
Native Pollinator Plant.
Create a beautiful wildlife bonanza in your landscape with this American Beauties rose that everyone and every critter will prize! Virginia Rose is easy to grow with an abundance of deep brown, thorny stems that produce a considerable, spreading shrub covered with dark green foliage. The dense foliage provides a perfect living environment for birds and critters and they line up to live near this plant due to the gastronomic goodies it produces. Flowers open starting in June and continue right through August displaying a single, pink petalled, yellow centered, 2-3" diameter bloom that native bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds can't wait to visit. Adding to this food value, as fall nears, big, bright red rose hips mature providing a banquet for a who's who of native songbirds that lasts well into winter. Virginia Rose tolerates most any soil except one that's overly wet, thrives in full sun or partial shade and is one of the easiest, most rewarding roses you'll ever grow.
- Easy to grow
- Abundance of deep brown, thorny stems
- Considerable spreading shrub covered with dense, dark green foliage
- Attracts birds, bees, butterflies, hummingbirds and other critters
- Flowers open starting in June and continue through August
- Single, pink petalled, yellow centered, 2-3" diameter bloom
- Bright red rose hips fall into winter