Blueberry, Lowbush Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium), 1 gal
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
This native blueberry produces sweet, dark blue berries from mid-to-late summer and has an open, airy form befitting a shrub border or native garden environment.
Bloom Color: White
Bloom Time: early-mid Spring
Mature Height: 6-24 inches
Mature Spread: 18-24 inches
Pollination: Self-pollinating, but cross-pollination by another early-mid Spring bloom blueberry will yield more fruit.
Placement: Full Sun
Nursery Stock Specifications:
Pot Size: 1 gallon
Age: 3+ years old, fruiting
Color: Dark blue
Texture: Firm & juicy
Taste: Almost candy-sweet, with an intense blueberry flavor
Uses: Fresh eating, baking, preserves
- Open, airy form
- Dark green leaves turn reddish-bronze in the fall
- A great selection for both taste and aesthetic purposes.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Feed yearly with an organic fertilizer.
- Prune in late winter to remove old branches and thin to provide rejuvenation and good airflow for fruiting.