Kale, Dwarf Blue Curled Scotch Kale Seeds (Low-Spreading)
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
A hardy productive variety with excellent flavor.
- Low growing compact plants.
- Finely curled blue-green foliage.
- Prepared like spinach.
- Plants withstand some frost which improves flavor.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/4 inch
- SEED SPACING: 4-6 inches apart in rows 2 feet apart
- EMERGES: 7-14 days
- MATURES: 55 days
- Plant seed outdoors as soon as the ground can be worked, seedlings are frost tolerant.
- For winter use it may be planted as late as mid-August.
- Plant in rows 2 feet apart, spacing seed 4-6 inches apart in the row.
- Cover seed with 1/4 inch of soil.
- Germinated in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 3-4 inches high, thin or transplant 12 inches apart in the row.
- Rich in vitamins A, B and E.
- Kale requires good soil and thorough cultivation.
- A winter mulch of leaves or straw helps prevent damage.