Fothergilla, Major Large Fothergilla
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
Scores of petal-less, 2" tall, bottle-brush flowers emerge in late April with their ivory white, filament-like stamens that offer a unique look, superb fragrance, and an early nectar source for native insects. Large, light green foliage emerges as flowers go by, densely covering its form, offering shelter for birds and garden critters. As the cool weather of fall deepens, this plant's foliage turns various shades of yellow, orange, and red in a riveting display of color.
- Native Pollinator Plant.
- Dense and rounded in form
- Tightly packed branches are the focus of an early spring landscape show even before the leaves emerge
- Easy to grow
- Thrives in full sun and partial shade
- Stunning alone or planted in groups.