Endive, Green Curled Endive Seeds
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
This gourmet salad green is often fond in mescluns where it adds a sharper flavor.
- Usually grown as a salad green.
- It may also be cooked and served with a sauce or grated cheese.
- Leaves are finely cut, rich green blanching to a creamy white near the center.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/4 inch
- SEED SPACING: 1 inch apart in rows 12 inches apart
- EMERGES: 7-14 days
- MATURES: 85 days
- Plant seed outdoors as soon as the ground can be worked, seedlings are frost tolerant.
- Plant in rows 18 inches apart, spacing seed 1 inch apart in the row.
- Cover seed with 1/4 inch of soil, well pressed down.
- Keep soil moist until seeds start to grow.
- For continuous supply, repeat plantings every week through mid-summer.
- Germinated in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 2-3 inches high, thin or transplant 12 inches apart in the row.
- To blanch center leaves, tie outer leaves together 2-3 weeks before harvest.
- Tastiest crops are timed for harvest during cool fall weather.
- Plant with lettuce and other greens to make your own mesclun mix.