Dandelion Greens, CicoriaSeeds (Catalogna - Italian Dandelion / Radichetti / Asparaus Chicory)
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
This is the true Italian Dandelion.
- The slender leaves are very tender when young and make delicious greens.
- Mix with other greens to make a tasty Mesclun salad.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/8 inch
- SEED SPACING: 1-2 inches apart in rows 1 foot apart
- EMERGES: 7-14 days
- MATURES: 35 days
- Plant in early spring as soon as ground can be worked, through July.
- Plant in rows 1 foot apart spacing seeds 1-2 inches apart in rows.
- Cover seed with 1/8 inch of fine soil, well pressed down.
- Keep soil moist until seeds start to grow.
- Germinated in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 3-4 inches high, thin or transplant 8-12 inches apart.
- The tops may be cut several times during the season.
- Use fresh out of the garden in salads or cook like spinach.