Cucumbers, Organic Early Spring Burpless F1 Cucumber Seeds
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
This is an excellent home garden burpless cucumber with excellent flavor.
- Produces an abundance of 8-12 inch pale green fruits.
- Skin is thin, with crisp, bitter free flesh.
- For straighter fruit and easier harvest, try growing on a fence or trellis (make this decision before you plant the seed).
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/2 inch
- SEED SPACING: 3-4 seeds in a group (hill) with trellises 20 inches apart, or if trailing along the ground hills should be 4-6 feet apart
- MATURES: 55 days
- Plant seeds outdoors in late spring after the ground is thoroughly warmed.
- Plant a hill of 3-4 seeds with trellises 20 inches apart.
- If allowing vine to trail along the ground hills should be 4-6 feet apart.
- Cover with 1/2 inch of fine soil, well pressed down.
- Cucumbers are very cold sensitive and may not sprout if the soil temperature is below 60-degrees.
- Germinated in 5-10 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 3-5 inches high, thin each hill to a single plant.
- High fertility and consistent soil moisture will stimulate growth and increase yield considerably.
- Too much moisture can lead to rot or disease.