Cilantro, Organic Leisure Cilantro Seeds
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
This variety is used for its richly flavored slow bolting leaf production.
- Great for micro-greens.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/2 inch
- SEED SPACING: scattered 2 inches apart
- EMERGES: 15-20 days
- MATURES: Baby greens in 20 days, mature plants in 35-45 days
- Plant seed outdoors where the plants are to remain because they do not transplant well.
- Succession planting every 2 weeks from early spring into late summer will provide a continual harvest of fresh leaves.
- Scatter seed 2 inches apart.
- Cover with 1/2 inch of fine soil, pressed firmly down.
- Germinates in 15-20 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 2-3 inches high, thin out extra plants by cutting them off at the soil line, allowing mature plants to grow 6-10 inches apart.
- Try not to disturb the soil around the plants that are to remain (which could cause them to bolt).
- Eat your thinnings!
- Cilantro is a popular baby or micro-green.