Cherry, Early Richmond Dwarf - Sour Cherry (Prunus avium 'Early Richmond'), 7 gal
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
Early Richmond is an early ripening cherry tree of flavorful, juicy-yet tart fruit that is mainly used for cooking and canning.
Placement: Full Sun
Nursery Stock Specifications:
Age: 3+ years old, fruiting
Fruit Profile:Color: Bright red fruit
Origin: An heirloom variety originating from England in the early 1500's
- Ripening in June allows for earlier picking compared to other varieties
- While being self-fertile, this is a good pollinator for other cherries
- Feed twice a year with a slow release fertilizer. Fertilize in early spring before growth starts and late fall after the leaves have fallen and the ground isn't yet frozen. (5 minutes of work)
- Prune in late winter to remove crossing branches and promote good airflow to encourage fruiting. (5-10 minutes of work) our tree.
- Stake up and train young trees until they can develop their strength.
- Requires full sun in well-drained soil.
- With annual pruning and good soil and sunlight, your cherries will be here before you know it.