Cherry, Chelan - Sweet Cherry (Prunus avium 'Chelan'), 7 gal
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
The Chelan variety yields deep, mahogany red, heart shaped cherries and are ready almost 2 weeks earlier that most other trees.
Placement: Full Sun
Nursery Stock Specifications:
Age: 3+ years old, fruiting
Fruit Profile:Color: Deep, mahogany red
- Ready 2 weeks early!
- Heart-shaped cherries
- Resists cracking
- Prolific producer, so management is needed to reduce fruit load
- Resistant to several common diseases of cherry
- Feed twice a year with a slow release fertilizer. Fertilize in early spring before growth starts and late fall after the leaves have fallen and the ground isn't yet frozen. (5 minutes of work)
- Prune in late winter to remove crossing branches and promote good airflow to encourage fruiting. (5-10 minutes of work) our tree.
- Stake up and train young trees until it can develop its strength.
- Requires full sun in well-drained soil.
- With annual pruning and good soil and sunlight, Chelan cherries will be here before you know it.