Cabbage, Chinese Cabbage Seeds (Pac Choi)
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
A delicious staple in Asian cuisine.
- Deep green leaf blades with white stems that form a light clustered rosette.
- Very tender with a sweet mustard flavor.
- Leaves & stems may be eaten raw in salads, stir fried or added to soups.
- Since Pac Choi is somewhat reminiscent of celery in flavor and texture, it is often used as a replacement in recipes.
- Alternately spelled Pak Choi, Bok Choy and Bac Choi by different cultures, Pac Choi most often refers to the smaller sized "heads."
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/4 inch
- SEED SPACING: 1 inch apart in rows 2 feet apart
- EMERGES: 5-10 days
- MATURES: 45 days
- Plant in spring as soon as ground can be worked.
- Plant in rows 2 feet apart spacing seeds 1 inch apart in rows.
- Cover seed with 1/4 inch of fine soil, well pressed down.
- Germinated in 5-10 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 2-3 inches high, thin or transplant to 18 inches apart.
- Harvest rosettes at 8-12 inches high, before they fully mature.
- Plants prefer cool weather, but can be grown as baby greens even in the summer months.
- Plant seeds every 2-3 weeks and harvest baby plants at 3-4 high.
- Eat your thinnings, too!