‘Butterfly’ has been around for a long time, but is still one of the most underused Japanese Maples and one of the best for giving you outstanding bang for the buck. One look at its incredible foliage will have you hooked right from the start as its emerging foliage is spectacular in the spring with pink margins surrounding deeply cut, small delicate leaves that mature as spring progresses to a soft blue-green shade with a cream colored, pink tinged variegated edge. This color, along with the texture and the fact that the mature leaves curl, give ‘Butterfly’ a unique and very attractive look that you’ll love. ‘Butterfly’ is one of the slowest growing, smallest scale Japanese Maples with its upright, vase shape being perfect for smaller spaces in sun or partial shade.
- One of the most underused Japanese Maples
- Deeply cut, small delicate leaves
- Foliage emerges in spring and matures to a soft blue-green shade with a cream colored, pink tinged variegated edge
- Curling leaves have a unique, attractive look
- Slower-growing and smaller-scale for a Japanese Maple
- Upright vase shape