Broccoli, Calabrese Broccoli Seeds (Italian Green Sprouting)
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
Tall, branching plants form compact central heads resembling cauliflower, but dark green.
- After the main head is removed smaller heads continue to develop over a long season.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/4 inch
- SEED SPACING: 1 inch apart
- EMERGES: 7-14 days
- MATURES: 70 days
- Sow seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost date.
- May also be sown in early spring in sunny location after tall danger of frost is past.
- Space seeds 1 inch apart in rows covering with 1/4 inch of fine soil.
- Germinated in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 6 inches high transplant in rows 2 1/2 feel apart, spaced 1 1/2 feet in the row.
- Rich in iron, calcium, vitamins A, B1, B2, niacin & C.
- Matures in 60-80 days from transplanting date.