Bi-Annual Flower, Bells of Ireland Flower Seeds
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
This heirloom flower has bell shaped, green bracts which surround small white flowers.
- Blossom spikes make attractive back drops for colorful flower gardens, as well as a nice addition to cut flower bouquets.
- Dries to a beautiful straw color.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/2 inch
- SEED SPACING: 1 inch apart in rows 18-24 inches apart
- EMERGES: 12-21 days
- MATURE HEIGHT: 2-3 feet
- Soaking seed for 24 hours in room temperature water prior to planting will speed germination.
- Plant outdoors as soon as the ground can be worked.
- Can be planted in late summer or early winter for early blooms next year.
- Plant seeds in rows 18-24 inches apart, spacing seed 1 inch apart.
- Cover seed with 1/2 inch of fine soil.
- Germinated in 12-21 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 2-4 inches high, thin or transplant to 9-12 inches apart.
- If planted in fall or winter, cover with mulch.
- Starts blooming mid-summer from fall or early spring planting.
- Support may be desired in windy locations.