Beets, Hybrid Red Ace Beet Seeds
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
You can't beat this sweet, juicy, tenderness of Red Ace.
- This delicious variety is easy to grow and drought tolerant.
- It has a high natural sugar content and erect, disease resistant green tops for delicious greens.
- Serve fresh in all stages of growth or store for winter enjoyment.
- Ideal for table, canning, freezing, pickling and salads.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/4 inch
- SEED SPACING: 1 inch apart in rows 12-18 inches apart
- EMERGES: 7-14 days
- MATURES: 50 days
- Plant seed outdoors as soon as the soil can be worked.
- Plant in rows 12-18 inches apart spacing seed 1 inch in the row.
- Cover seed with 1/4 inch of fine soil, well pressed down.
- Keep soil moist until seeds start to grow.
- Germinated in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 3-4 inches high, thin to 3 inches apart in the row.
- Young beet tops make an excellent green.
- We suggest you sow a few rows in your garden to be eaten as greens!