Beans, Italian Bush Type Bean Seeds (Romano)
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
A distinctive bean flavor.
- Popular Italian bean produces abundant yields of long flat stringless pods.
- Bush type plants.
- Pods are about 6 inches long.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1 1/2 inches
- SEED SPACING: 1 1/2 inches apart in rows 2 1/2-3 feet apart
- EMERGES: 6-10 days
- MATURES: 56 days
- Plant seed outdoors in late spring after the ground has warmed.
- Do not rush planting of beans as a few cold, wet days at planting time may rot seed.
- Plant seeds 1 1/2 inches apart in rows 2 1/2-3 feet apart.
- Cover seed with 1 1/2 inches of soil, well pressed down.
- Germinated in 6-10 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 2-3 inches high, thin to 3 inches apart.
- For best crop, keep free of weeds.
- Do not hoe when wet.
- For highest quality and yield, pick pods when young, about 3-4 inches long.
- For continuous crop, make successive plantings every 2-3 weeks until mid-summer.