Basil, Spicy Globe Basil Seeds
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
A delightful tasting basil that is also highly ornamental.
- Best of the bush variety.
- Forms a globe shape that is covered with fine leaves about 1/2 inch long.
- Great for flower or vegetable gardens as well as small pots.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/8 inch
- SEED SPACING: 1/2 inch apart in rows 2 feet apart
- EMERGES: 7-14 days
- MATURES: 70 days
- Plant seed outdoors after all danger of frost is past.
- Plant in rows 2 feet apart spacing seed 1/2 inch apart in the row.
- Cover with 1/8 inch fine soil, well pressed down.
- Keep soil moist until plants start to grow.
- Germinates in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 2-3 inches high thin or transplant 1 foot apart in the row.
- May be grown indoors year round if supplied with plenty of light.
- Use fresh, dried or frozen in salads, soups, sauces, meats and stuffing.