Annual Flower, Blue Pimpernel, The Poor Man's Weatherglass Blue Pimpernel Flower Seeds
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
These eye-catching deep gentian blue flowers open when it's sunny and close when rain is expected - hence the traditional name "poor man's weatherglass."
- Low growing.
- Plants have a spreading habit and are drought resistant when established.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: N/A (see SOWING)
- SEED SPACING: scattered
- EMERGES: 20-30 days
- MATURE HEIGHT: 10 inches, trailing
- Plant outdoors before last frost date in flats by pressing the seed on top of the soil-less mix.
- Seeds germinate best when exposed to light.
- Germinated in 20-30 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- Keep evenly moist and warm (65-70 degrees) until first true leaves appear.
- Thin or transplant to groups of 2-3 plants into the garden after all danger of frost has past.
- A beautiful addition to the border of the garden or in containers where it will drape off the sides and bloom until fall.
- Do not over water.