Anise, Anise Hyssop Seeds
- Delivery Available with Online Checkout
- Not Available In-store at Colchester Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Willimantic Mackey's
- Not Available In-store at Woodstock Mackey's
This North American native is a member of the mint family.
- Noted for typical square stems and fragrant leaves, which smell more like black licorice than mint.
- Purple, edible flowers.
- Attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: see SOWING
- SEED SPACING: 4-6 inches apart
- EMERGES: 7-14 days
- MATURES: 72 days
- Plant seeds 4-6 inches apart outside in a sunny location in very early spring.
- Do not cover with soil - they require light to germinate.
- Press the seed gently into the soil and water well.
- Germinates in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 3 inches tall, thin or transplant, allowing 15-18 inches between each plant.
- Mature plants are drought & shade tolerant.
- Somewhat deer resistant.
- Leaves make a wonderful tea.
- Flowers are edible.