Tomato, Hybrid Container Choice Patio Tomato Seeds
A true patio tomato!
- Each plant bears clusters of 5 ounce deep red beefsteak fruit in a container right on your deck or patio.
- The sturdy plant has excellent disease resistance and the rich tomato taste of a traditional slicer.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/4 inch
- SEED SPACING: scattered
- EMERGES: 6-12 days
- MATURES: 65 days from setting out transplants
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before last frost date.
- Cover seeds with 1/4 inch of seed starting mix.
- Keep evenly moist and supply bottom heat to hasten germination (70-75-degrees).
- When plants emerge, supply 10-14 hours of light from direct sun or grow lights.
- Germinates in 6-12 days depending on soil temperature and moisture conditions.
- Thin or transplant when plants are 3 inches tall into individual pots or spaced 2-3 inches apart in a tray.
- After danger of frost is past, transplant each plant into a large well drained pot (15 inches in diameter or larger) or directly into the garden.
- This is a vigorous determinate plant that will benefit from support from a cage.
- Water and fertilize regularly.
- Do not prune the "suckers".
- Plants will continue to produce fruit right up until frost.