Pumpkin, Connecticut Field Pumpkin Seeds
This variety produces large fruit, 10-14 inches in diameter and weighing up to 25 pounds.
- The standard cornfield variety.
- Can be grown anywhere.
- Excellent for carving Jack O' Lanterns.
- Orange-yellow flesh is valued for making pies.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/2 inch
- SEED SPACING: 3-5 seeds in a ring (hill) 2 inches across, hills 6-10 feet apart each way
- EMERGES: 7-14 days
- MATURES: 100 days
- Plant seed outdoors in late spring when ground is warm and all danger of frost is past.
- Make a group of 3-5 seeds placed in a ring about 2 inches across.
- Cover seed with 1/2 inch of soil, well pressed down.
- Each ring (hill) should be spaced 6-10 feet apart each way.
- Germinated in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- When plants are 2-3 inches high, thin leaving the 3 strongest plants per hill.
- May also be placed in rows 6-10 feet apart spacing plants 2-3 feet apart in the row.
- May also be planted among corn.
- Cut from vines with pruning shears leaving 3 inches of stem.