Anise, Anise Seeds
This easy to grow herb is most often used to flavor many desserts.
- Attracts butterflies.
- Pretty in the flower border.
- White umbel flower heads are born on dark purple stems.
- The leaves and seeds have mild licorice scent and flavor used in cooking and perfume.
SPECIFICS: (see below for complete sowing information)
- SEED DEPTH: 1/8-/14 inch
- SEED SPACING: scattered
- EMERGES: 7-14 days
- MATURES: 72 days
- Can be sown early in the spring in a sunny well-drained location.
- Plant seeds 1/8-1/4 inch deep.
- Germinates in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- Thin to 6-8 inches apart when plants are 2 inches high.
- Watch plants carefully after flowers form to insure harvesting the seed before they fall to the ground.